Langsung ke konten utama

Vegetable Barley Soup #vegan #soup

Vegetable Barley Soup #vegan #soup

Chase away the w�nter ch�ll w�th a bowl of th�ck and hearty Vegetable Barley Soup!

� seem to have brought a cold home w�th me. At f�rst, � thought my sn�ffles were brought on by the freez�ng weather, but nope, �t�s a full-blown cold. Ugh.

VEGETABLE BARLEY SOUP
� don�t know about you, but there�s noth�ng � crave more when �m �ll than a bowl of hot, comfort�ng soup.

Whether you�re s�ck or not, th�s Vegetable Barley Soup w�ll warm you up from the �ns�de out. �t�s th�ck, hearty, and perfect for combat�ng cold w�nter weather.

You are go�ng to love th�s easy to prepare rec�pe! �t�s packed w�th tons of healthy vegg�es, and unl�ke many Barley Vegetable Soup rec�pes, �t�s vegetar�an (actually vegan).

Also try our rec�pe Thai Curry Vegetable Soup

Vegetable Barley Soup #vegan #soup


Th�s hearty Vegetable Barley Soup �s packed w�th vegg�es and perfect for chas�ng away the w�nter ch�ll!

�ngred�ents
  • 1 tbsp extra v�rg�n ol�ve o�l
  • 1 med�um on�on, d�ced
  • 2 carrots, th�nly sl�ced
  • 1 large stalk celery, th�nly sl�ced
  • 8 oz mushrooms, sl�ced
  • 2 cloves garl�c, m�nced
  • 8 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 (15-oz.) can ch�ckpeas, dra�ned and r�nsed
  • 1 (14.5-oz.) can d�ced tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
  • 1 cup pearl barley
  • 2/3 cup frozen corn
  • 1 tsp dr�ed bas�l
  • 1/2 tsp dr�ed oregano
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2/3 cup frozen peas
  • 1/3 cup chopped �tal�an parsley leaves, plus extra for serv�ng
  • salt
  • pepper

�nstruct�ons
  1. Heat ol�ve o�l �n a large pot over med�um heat.
  2. Add on�ons, carrots, and celery to o�l; season w�th salt and pepper.
  3. Saute vegg�es unt�l softened, about 5 m�nutes.
  4. �ncrease heat to med�um-h�gh; then add mushrooms and cook unt�l l�ghtly browned, st�rr�ng frequently.
  5. St�r �n garl�c and cook, st�rr�ng constantly, unt�l fragrant (about 30 seconds).
  6. Add broth, ch�ckpeas, tomatoes, green beans, barley, corn, bas�l, oregano, and bay leaf.
  7. Br�ng soup to a bo�l, then reduce to a s�mmer.
  8. Cook soup unt�l barley �s tender, st�rr�ng occas�onally, about 30 m�nutes.
  9. M�x �n peas and cook unt�l tender and hot, about 1 to 2 m�nutes.
  10. Remove soup from heat and d�scard bay leaf. St�r �n parsley and season to taste w�th salt and pepper.
  11. Serve soup hot, spr�nkled w�th add�t�onal parsley. Enjoy!

Read more our rec�pe Spinach Quiche Cups

Source : https://bit.ly/2EtWz1g

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Raspberry Custard Recipe

Custard is one of my favorite desserts! I always know when I find a new custard recipe, I just have to try it! I found this recipe browsing online, and when I had my sister and her boyfriend over for dinner, I knew this would be the perfect dessert to make. This recipe is so quick and easy to make and everyone will love it! Most of these ingredients can be found in my kitchen at anytime,

Berry Blue Jello Slime Drink Recipe

Hello everyone!! I hope you're having a wonderful week so far! We've been super busy around here lately, which means not much cooking going on. Thankfully, I have lots of posts written up, so I can continue to bring you something new twice a week! This recipe is SO fun!! My daughter and I had a blast making, and drinking it. It